Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Getting My "Bottoms Up!"

Instead of continuing the Shred, I decided to try a change.  A couple weeks ago, I found my "Bottoms Up!" book from when I was young, and have been meaning to start doing the weightlifting workouts after I finished the Shred.  I remember that each time I did this workout, I got results fast in regards to muscle definition and strength.  In the past, I didn't really combine this workout with cardio, but I am now.  A good balance.

The workout calls for a pyramid rep system.  For each exercise combination, you first do a certain amount of reps at a low weight.  The next set is a lower number of reps with slightly heavier weights.  The last set is the lowest number of reps with slightly heavier weights than the second set of reps...

... I don't have time for that ...

I did 2 sets of each exercise combination, 10 reps each with 8 lb weights.  I didn't have enough time to do three sets of reps, but my muscles were definitely feeling tired.  I honestly would rather be using 10 lbs to 15 lbs right now, but that's okay.  I'll do that later.  I want to be lifting 25 lbs for each arm, like I did in the past, but I want to work up to that (or should I say, I want to get used to the exercises again before I do that).  What can I say?  Strength is an awesome goal!

The cardio I did today was jump roping... without the jump rope.  I read that it's a good way to get accustomed to the movements, timing, and to get the endurance.  Plus, it was more convenient to do in my apartment in the small amount of time I had.  (Something is better than nothing, me thinks.)

Something I heard today is that toddlers need to eat approximately 1600 calories per day!  If they are active,  they need up to 2000!!!  I want to look into that a bit more, but holy cow!  Makes me feel better about my son eating so much at night, especially since I'm sure he doesn't get enough calories during the day.  I'll be researching this a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment