Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm sorry, but I'm all tied up...

It's been a while since I last posted.  I've been dealing with a lot of strange situations, both at work and at home, but life moves on.  My schedule has become a lot busier, which I didn't really think was possible.  It's good though.  Life has been pretty fine to me and mine.

I stopped working out for several months.  With everything going on, I just couldn't bring myself to continue, especially when I didn't have much of a plan for after I completed the 30 Day Shred.  I have continued trying to improve my family's meals, slowly switching to more organics and such.

** Right now, I'm watching my kids as they play and scream in the bath, covered in bubbles and loving life.  **

In the past month, I've gotten my act back together.  My workout time is non-negotiable (except this week!) and my weekend "me" time is non-negotiable (except last weekend!).  No ifs, ands, or buts.  If I don't have those times, I get a little closer to boarding the crazy train.

My workouts are cardio, strength, and core exercises.  Hiking is thrown in a couple times a month.  Noon time walks have become my reprieve from the office.  I've already lost some weight and inches and have noticed certain muscles toning and bulking up.  My goals are high: bench press 200 lbs, lift 50 lbs per arm, do 30 to 50 proper push ups, do 10 pull ups, and run/sprint 1 full mile.  There are a few other goals but these are the main ones.

I'm also trying to do all this while still spending quality time with my kids, make my jewelry, clean and organize, and more.  To give an idea of my average weekday schedule:
  • Get up early (typically between 5:45 am and 6:15 am) and start my morning routine.  Wake husband up between 7:00 am and 7:10 am so he can start making the children's breakfast and get them ready for school.  Continue getting ready for work, helping with the kids at times, prepping my meals (unless my hubby makes me breakfast), and then rush out the door.
  • Work, work, work... walk and/or exercise... work, work, work.
  • Exercise if I have time before I pick up the kids.  This is either with my co-worker, my oldest niece, or by myself.
  • Pick up the kids, feed them, spend quality time with them, clean up after them a few times, get them ready for bed, get them to bed.  All of this is done on my own (my husband starts work before I get home and gets home after we are all asleep).
  • Either go to sleep immediately or take a few minutes to myself before going to sleep.
  • Wake up a few times, either because of the kids, the hubby, or just because.
  • Start all over again.
This doesn't include the small things that come up (phone calls, etc) or the larger things that I am responsible for (paying bills, etc).

But life is good.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment