Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 27 and Some Parenting Links

First, here are some links for parenting that I really liked.

5 Tips to Fight Back Against Perfectionism

Parenting is Child’s Play: Responsibility

As for my health/fitness endeavors... I didn't get up as early as the last few mornings this morning, mainly because I went to be in my bed at around midnight.  My daughter was crying and I decided to stay in there after my husband got home.  Needless to say, I was awakened a number of time through the night/morning.  Regardless, I was out of bed earlier than usual, my daughter hanging onto me because she was awake anyways.

I did, however, get Day 27 (L3) of the shred done while "Alice in Wonderland" played in the background.  I made sure to drink a little coffee and eat a couple of my energy cubes before I started prepping for my workout.  My daughter went back and forth between working out with me and watching her movie.  My workout wasn't as amazing as it was the other day.  I was less motivated and more distracted.  I'm not sure if it's because I was doing it in the morning (as opposed to my usual time) or if it was because my daughter was there or if it was a number of issues (including those two).  Even though it wasn't perfect, it was still a workout, and I know my daughter enjoyed doing it with me (when she chose to).  In my opinion, that's what counts!  I plan to do some jump roping when I get home from work.  Even though I felt today's Shred wasn't as effective, this still might be a better way to go for my daily workout routine.  I also may fit in some other exercises (weights, etc) with my children, since it's a good thing for them to do and see Mommy doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment