Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fat2Fit, Ordinary Me to Healthier Me

I started listening to a new podcast on iTunes.  Thank goodness for free podcasts!  This one is "Fat to Fit" and I like a few things they focus one.  One such thing that made me think about Mom's struggles and achievements is...
We know from all of the research that losing weight slowly and changing your lifestyle to that of a thinner, healthier person that you want to become will permanently improve your health for the rest of your life...   Many studies have shown that the faster you lose weight, the faster you gain it back.
There's a lot of information I like from the couple of podcasts I've listened to.  They have a website with clips of the show, rundowns of the topics, calculators, recipes and so on.  It's http://www.fat2fitradio.com and definitely worth looking through.

Another tip I gleaned earlier today is to live the life the thinner/healthier would live.  I wrote about this in October 2011 in a private fitness blog..  How funny is that?!?  I had no idea that this is one technique that people actually use or that experts suggest to help people build healthier habits.  I started thinking about "Healthier Me" some more today after hearing this concept repeated a few times on different episodes of the Fat2Fit podcasts.  I've been thinking about review some of the older entries on this blog and this just shows that perhaps I should do so.

I'm also thinking I should figure out what "Healthy Me" would and would not be doing to help me establish some more S.M.A.R.T. goals.
S – specific: this is the who, what, when, where, and how of your goal.
M – measurable: you’ve got to be able to measure your goal in some way. Otherwise how will you know if you’ve reached it?
A - attainable: if you really want to set yourself up for success, the goal should be something you can feasibly attain (i.e. winning the lottery so you can quit that job you hate is probably not a good goal).
R - realistic: something that you are willing and able to work toward. This doesn’t mean you can’t set the bar high — sometimes just fully believing something can be accomplished can make it realistic.
T – timely: your goal(s) should have a specific time-line; a date by which you want to achieve them. This will motivate you to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment