Monday, May 20, 2013

Is there a balance to be had?


Enough is enough, and I've had enough (for now).

I haven't been regularly working out, though I've been wanting to.  I haven't been eating as healthy as I could or was, though I've been wanting to.  However...

I have been sorting through some of my personal messes and stresses.  I've been a shoulder for others.  I've been spending more time with my kids each night.  I've been sorting and cleaning more.  I've been doing a lot of other things that need to be done.  That's something to consider.  Granted, my health is a priority and sometimes it's hard to keep that in mind when so many other priorities are cropping up, but... there is a balance and health should not be brushed aside simply because other important issues and tasks start pressing in.

So today is a new day.  It's one day at a time and every damn day.

Some possible things I might implement to help me out with keeping my health in order, but without driving me crazy when other 'fires' crop up.  One thing I was thinking about doing is making daily goals and tasks.  For example, do X push-ups, do X squats, write down all expenses from the day, write down daily food.  I want to figure out my household budget and get my apartment in shape again.  But I also want to be able to have some alone time and creative time.  Who says you can't find a way to do all of this?  There has to be a way to do this without losing one's sanity and without facing burn out.

There's a few websites I found that touch on some of the household changes I want to implement.

In regards to paying off my family's debt, I found The Nesting Place Blog:  Becoming Debt Free & 6 Odd Tips That Helped Us.  I haven't looked at other parts of the blog, but I will be.  I also found another blog called And Then We Saved.  Both blogs are by people who payed off huge debts in a relatively short time.

For my health and fitness, I found 100 Most Inspirational Weight Loss Bloggers (of 2013).  I will be looking through them as I get time.  I'm also going to be looking through the What Did Jillian Say? blog, which has key points to the Jillian Michaels Show podcasts (though it doesn't start with the first podcasts, it's still useful).  I've been thinking about doing something similar, so it's a relief that I might not have to, given my time restraints.

I'll also be going through 100 Days of Real Food and trying to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment